Friday, June 05, 2020

There's the sky - where's the limit?

When you spend a lot of time on a boat, you get to see a lot of sky. Regular readers will have seen photos of sunsets and stormy skies and clouds over the years of this blog. I've been through my entire photo collection on my laptop today - over 23,000 of them - and sorted out all of those that specifically feature an amazing sky. 203 of them.

You'll have noticed that I've started to run out of things to say in the blog. Okay, I have run out. So what I'm going to do instead is simply post photos of skies. No explanation, no commentary, just photos. And I'll do that once a week for... Whoa, that's a lot of weeks!

Some of  the skies are truly awesome, so you're going to have to take my word for it when I tell you that none of the photos has been post-processed, and my cheapo compact camera is far too simple to be able to use lens filters. Of course, each picture will be influenced by the inherent characteristics of the camera, but there's nothing I can do about that.

And another of course... Lots of the pictures rely on the interaction between the sky and the water, trees, grass and so on. It's the whole scene that has the wow factor for me, not just the sky. But it does play the lead part.

After all of that preamble, before which I said I'd run out of things to say, the photos start here. Enjoy!











I'd really appreciate feedback comments. I'd hate to be posting like this every week and failing to please you readers.

If you're interested, I've just finished posting a thousand of my favourite boaty, canally photos on Flickr - CLICK HERE I'm very proud of them, but there is a problem with them in that they're not in the right order. In fact, they're not in any kind of order. They were in order of "date taken" on my hard disc. When Flickr got hold of them it mixed them like raisins in a cake mix. I've started to add descriptions to them, to give them a bit more context, but... there are a thousand of them to do.

*******

2 comments:

  1. How lovely, Roger. I can't imagine you don't have anything to say, but it's consolation that you are posting these gorgeous skies. To me here in the flatlands, the sky is an important part of my landscape, so I spend a lot of time looking at it too. I like the first one, but I also love the moody stormy skies very much and that sunset is just fab. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val. I'm so glad you like them. From what I've seen of your photos, I get the impression that your skies are influenced by the fact that they are over flatlands. Cloud formations in particular? I'll keep looking!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!