Sunday, May 03, 2020

Lockdown day 41 - Photojournalist? Nah!

I started this blog back in 2011 while we were looking at boats, looking for the one to buy, the one that called out to us. During that time I started to use my camera to record the process, and some of those found their way into the blog. It wasn't long, however, before the photos grew significantly in number per post, and became an important part of telling the story. I was now taking photos specifically with the blog in mind.


It made me feel something like a photojournalist, though that was far too grand a word for what I was doing. Yesterday, however, nearly nine years later, I came up with two words that are far more appropriate - Phoblographer and Blogographer. I'm not sure which to choose.

A sky like this, and it didn't rain!

The swan family visited me yesterday, but paddled off
before I could get my camera out and get a full-face view.

They've left their nest, I think, and the three non-viable eggs have been thrown out. One can be seen here in the reeds below the nest. Today I saw a moorhen on the nest, apparently tidying
it up and discarding detritus - ready for a pair of them to use?


This is the turning-point in my almost-every-daily walk.


NB Demesne has not long ago left her winter mooring in the marina,
and is moored up not far away, waiting for cruising restrictions to end.

I think I prefer Blogographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!