Saturday, May 02, 2020

Lockdown day 40 - Five!

Well, I still haven't seen the new swan family but, thankfully, fellow moorer Sally Owen has taken some excellent pictures of them, shared them on Yelvertoft Moorers' Facebook page, and kindly allowed me to post them here.





So there are five cygnets. I think that the three eggs that remain in the nest must have been abandoned, but I hope to get up close today to have a look.

When we came back to Kantara in early March, we were expecting at some time to return to the house for a few bits and pieces that we'd not been able to pack into the car the day we returned. What we didn't expect was the pandemic that the Coronavirus became - who was expecting it? So we've been managing with a pretty limited... well, wardrobe for one thing. Now, however, we have the opportunity to receive a box of stuff from the house, put together by Jess and delivered by Steve, who is one of those relatively few fortunates who is still able to do his job. And his job next week will bring him up the M1, passing very close to us. Useful! Yesterday, Grace and Jess conversed on Messenger, Grace listing the things she'd like to have brought, and Jess looking for them and asking "This?"




It made me chuckle, but what struck me was, yet again, the weird and wonderful ways that modern communications technology is helping us all in this difficult Covid situation. Imagine being without it!

Okay, there were no answers given to my little quiz, but here they are now. The link between the recording of Bonny Tyler singing I'll put a spell on you and the 1970s children's TV programme - The Wombles


- is Mike Batt. I suspect not many people know the name, but you'll probably have heard his music. He's written many of Katie Melua's songs, and songs for Steve Harley, The Hollies, Art Garfunkel, Cliff Richard, Alvin Stardust and David Essex, to name but a few. And for the Wombles, too, an example of which is in my collection.

You may laugh all you want, but the Distill family are great fans of the Wombles, and have three of their albums. I'm a huge fan of Mike Batt, too, and have some of his CDs of him performing his own songs. I highly recommend that you listen - try here.

Let me know what you think!

*******

2 comments:

  1. Interesting method to locate the right wardrobe items. I look forward to seeing some wardrobe malfunctions in the coming days... lol. Hope you get to see the cygnets soon too. Sally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh I hope not, Sally. After all the effort yesterday, it's just GOT to be right! I've just seen the swans, but only three cygnets :-(

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!