Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Living in a ditch

I wouldn't say I'm bored, but the past couple of weeks haven't been particularly busy. Not physically, anyway. We got the front cratch board and window-frames painted, and they're looking so much better, and waterproof, too. But Grace is having to wait now until there's a meteorological window of opportunity to get the trellis and roses painted on the board. Time is needed to mark out the pattern, paint the trellis pattern, let the paint dry, paint the roses climbing up the trellis, let that dry, finish them, let them dry. There just might be such a window on its way, starting tomorrow. Maybe.

With no work to be doing on Kantara, we've both been spending a lot of our time writing. I am bound by marital law not to reveal the name or nature of Grace's work; mine is the novel I'm mentioned before. I've also been asked to contribute regularly to a new website for folk interested in boats, canals and rivers, so I've been crafting out a few articles for that.



It was launched just last week by Paul Massey on board Hannah the Narrowboat, and it's got off to a good start. Take a look at it now - okay wait until you've finished here. Perhaps you'll want to be a contributor!

Right, well, I didn't have a lot to say. You can go now. www.livinginaditch.co.uk




******* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!