Monday, October 26, 2020

Just keeping up

We certainly chose the right day to go out to Anglesey Abbey! Since then, we've had light rain, heavy rain, gusty wind, gale-force wind, Storm Caroline and the tail-end of Hurricane Epsilon. On the minority occasions when it's not doing that, it's beautiful.






But we've not been able to do a fraction of the work we'd wanted to do. I'd like to do another cleaning of the cratch cover; green algae is a pain. I'd like to pack the channel through which our stove chimney passes through the roof. Pack it with rock-wool, that is. And the paintwork would be better-off with a washing, waxing and polishing. It'd be better-off if we could finish the touching-up we started ages ago.

None of these jobs is essential, but it still irks us that we can't cross any of them off our ToDo list.

Jess is having a great time working at the Reykjavik Grapevine in Iceland. She's written 51 articles in the 7 weeks she's been there, travelled around a lot and really enjoyed the scenery. I'm not so sure she enjoyed the rather strong earthquake a few days back! She's just over half-way through her internship now, and she'll hate leaving.






NB Lyndsey Ann left the marina the same day that Jess flew to Iceland, and they arrived back yesterday. They had a good time, travelling when the weather let them and sitting out the rest. I can't deny I'm envious, but I still don't regret staying here in the marina. We weighed up the pros and cons of cruising, and the cons won.

Those wise readers who bought my "Hints and tips for life with your feet under water" , please note that there's a new post in the Addendum Blog - "Update to Chapter 1 – Hardware (bits and pieces)"



Those of you who haven't yet exchanged a mere £1.99 for the book, see what Towpath Talk had to say about it, and buy it here!


*******

3 comments:

  1. Roger, I've just read your comment on my blog. Please, please! I'd love to know what Grace has written. Has she published her books? And what are you writing now? These photos are beautiful and Iceland? Wow, it looks fabulous. How lovely for Jesse to have been there. 51 articles is a huge number! She must have been filled with enthusiasm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace hasn't published the first two parts of the trilogy, Val. It's been a very slow process for various reasons, and she wants to know that she can finish part three before publishing. She's not written any other books, though she's a far better writer than me. The genre? Hmmm. Fiction: Adventure, spiritual, set in a world similar to ours in our Middle Ages. Neither of us can pin labels to it, really.

      Mine is about teaching! Fiction, but based very much on my own 37 years of it. Working title, "Those who can't" I'm about half-way through, and loving it!

      Delete
  2. I shall look forward to reading them both then!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!