Saturday, August 19, 2023

Enough of being negative!

Too much, in fact. I apologise for the recent whingeing. I sort of wish I'd stopped blogging when I said I would back in August last year. We really have nothing to complain about. If government cutbacks, sticky diesel and water weeds stop us from boating, then we will be eternally thankful that we had thirteen years of living on Kantara and enjoying so many adventures. That had been our dream and determination for decades, and we were very blessed to see them come into being. When we do stop, for whatever reason, we'll have very many fond memories - and this blog to remind us, too.

Being back at our house has  meant that we have seen our family so much more, and were present to welcome our grand-daughter into the world, and to see her often, watch her grow. We've been able to tame our garden and re-design it (not yet finished, but very enjoyable), and to visit numerous National Trust and Heritage gardens the like of which we never came close to when we were cruising.



We've not entirely ruled out cruising, but we do know that there may be risks in doing so. We've booked time provisionally in September for that, and we'll be going back to Kantara occasionally before then, too, to wash her neglected paintwork, test the diesel for infection, and generally prepare for the jaunt. We're looking forward to it.

So there will be no more griping in this blog. Things change. That's the way things are. We're changing, too. I'll be 72 next month, and Grace isn't far behind me. But one of the things for which we thank God is that our age isn't one of  the factors keeping us from boating. We're still fit and well, and confident of our abilities.

Bring it on!


6 comments:

  1. Loving the blogs .., need another book 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog. I'm working on another book, but it's nothing to do with boating. I'm sorry if that's what you had in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you keep doing both, Roger. I'm sure that once you get back on the water the old feelings will come back and you'll want to keep doing it. We've not been away yet this summer. We had our grand adventure in April, but the weather has delayed us this year and I cannot deny we've been less enthusiastic, but we know that once we start, we'll love it. Looking forward to more of your posts, whatever they're about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Val. You may be right - we'll see!

      Delete
  4. Great post Roger! A timely reminder (for me!) about being positive and grateful! (and great photos too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, David. I found writing it strangely liberating. Odd, huh?

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!