Monday, September 13, 2021

Memories are made of this...

I'd normally be filling this blog with stories of our travels on dear Kantara, but my hernia's put an end to that for goodness knows how long. So I've been looking back on my ten years of boaty photos, and loving the memories. These are the last I took, in 2020 before the first lockdown; a leisurely four-day trip down to Braunston to get broken fasteners on our cratch covers replaced. We made the most of it, not knowing when next we'd be able to travel.







It seems so long ago now.

Recently, I stumbled over a collection of photo albums I'd created on Facebook over the past decade. Maybe you'd like to take a look? 

Scenes from our windows
Very often when we moor, I take photos from out of our windows to capture what we see from inside when we're eating, sitting up in bed, playing cards, washing-up... They're never going to be the best photos - the windows may be dirty or covered with raindrops, and there are sometimes reflections in the glass - but I love them anyway. I think the arty word for them might be "authentic".

CLICK HERE 

(I'm sorry of you get a redirect notice when you click there. I have no idea why it happens. Just click the long link on the first line.)

Talking of Facebook... I was becoming more and more fed up with the moaners and groaners on the FB boaters' groups of which I was a member. Very shortly after I quit them, I was invited to join a new group, "Narrowboat facebook group just for you", which is, so far, free from negativity and unpleasantness. It's early days yet, with far fewer members than the groups I left, but I recommend it to all boaters, would-be-boaters and other canal users/lovers. Give it a try, and help to grow it.
If you're a keen amateur photographer, take a look at "Amateur Photography Facebook Group Just For You", created by the same guy - Guy Baldwin. Recommended!

That's all for now.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos and precious memories, Roger. I know what you mean about negativity on FB. It seems to filter in everywhere, so I avoid those groups myself as well. I hope the new one proves to be more uplifting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!