Friday, April 16, 2021

No time to read!

I've found it amusing - and, in a way, heart-warming - to find that I have sold no books since the day before lockdown was lifted. Reading is largely an indoor pursuit, isn't it? And now it seems that everyone wants to be out shopping, and eating and drinking with friends, so books are relegated to insignificance. Fair enough. I feel the same.

We've been back to Kantara again since my last post, this time to fit a new water-pump switch and to take more of the things we'll be needing when we live aboard again - and to bring back from the boat stuff that we don't think we'll need. It makes all the difference in a 40x6 foot cabin!

There's no sign in social media that boaters have taken to the waterways in their droves yet. At least, they're not reporting their release from lockdown onto the cut. Perhaps they're out there, and having too much fun to bother. You can be sure that I'll be full of it. I can't wait! Though, of course I'll have to. Grace has finished the seating and cushion covers. The curtains she's making for Steve and Karolina's new house are almost done. Then... I'll let you know!

Meantime, if you are looking for something new to read, please check my books here on Kindle Books. They are ebooks that can be read on Kindle Readers, or on any other device with the free Kindle app. They all cost less than a pint, and last much longer! The first three have been Kindle best-sellers, the others are waiting their turn!




<<<<<>>>>>

3 comments:

  1. Well, despite the upside of your downside, I hope your sales pick up again soon, Roger. Mine have been very slow for the past year, actually. I used to sell a lot in the States, but oddly that's dropped off completely. Such is life! I shall look forward to seeing news of you out on the cut soon! Meanwhile, I'll share your post on Twitter and hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val. You're most kind. I'm hoping you have plans for a major cruise this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If allowed, Roger, and also engine permitting! We’ve had yet more dramas...

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!