Saturday, January 01, 2022

Optimistic new year!

Like most of you, I'm totally pissed off with Covid having ruled my life to such an extent for the past couple of years. Admittedly, the not small matter of my hernia played its part last year, and we might well have taken Kantara out for a few weeks or more if that hadn't been restricting my activity. But mostly it's been Covid, the lockdowns, the scaremongering, the regulations, the dillying and the dallying. It's worn us down, and we're not going to let it any longer. The hernia's been fixed, I'm fit to go, so this year we'll be cruising. We'll visit Kantara next week, just to make sure she's still fit and well. Then we'll spend some weeks working on a reorganisation of the house, and then...


 ...we'll be off! We have no plans about where we'll travel. We'll just make it up as we go along. It'll be really good for us, and might even restore our sanity! Our mental health has never before been an issue we've been forced to think about. The tranquil beauty of the waterways is the best healer.


The crippling lethargy has put my latest writing project on hold. I ran into a few annoying problems but just didn't have the oomph to solve them. If the muse has deserted me meanwhile, then I may not even complete it, and it's certainly not a very high priority as I start this new year. I have bigger fish to fry! "Those who can" can wait.

My previous books have come to mind, however, and I thought I'd run a special New Year offer on all of them as I did over the Christmas period of 2020. I can't set the price lower that £1.77 - Kindle rules - so that's what I'm offering them at. Just £1.77 each; cheaper than a pint, but longer-lasting (though it has been pointed out to me that Wetherspoons sell a Ruddels ale for £1.50, but it's still finished fairly quickly!).







Please take a few minutes to write a review when you've finished.

I hope you've all had as good a Christmas as possible in the circumstances, and that 2022 will treat you well. Don't let it all get you down!


4 comments:

  1. Yep, 'totally pissed off' and utterly exhausted by it all. But I hope your optimism for 2022 is well founded and that you enjoy getting back onto the water. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, David. I do hope you get hauled out of the mire soon, too. God bless you in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm glad you've resolved to go cruising again, Roger, and I'm very glad the hernia is fixed at last. We aim to go cruising as much as possible this year as well. Stuff everything. Just do it! Good luck with your promotion. If you tag me on Twitter, I can tweet it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Stuff everything. Just do it!" I like that. I'm looking forward to following your travels, Val. Thanks for the Twitter offer.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!