Sunday, April 19, 2020

Lockdown day 27 - Rediscover this day (Warning: Contains images of a sexual nature)

I have no idea at all why this is,  but this is the first blog I've ever written (out of two!) that simply doesn't attract comments. Okay, fair enough, it's not obligatory to comment, any more than you have to like it. But, during this time of isolation and loneliness for many, I thought it might be good if folks used the comment facility to add your own... well, comments... relating to my various ramblings, to share your own experiences, your thoughts on what I or others have written. I'd be part of those conversations too, of course. Shall we give it a try?

*********
It was dismal and cold yesterday, and we had the stove alight again. Today, however, we're back to the warm, sunny weather we'd got used to over the last couple of weeks or so. The birds are certainly getting into the spirit of Spring. On my morning walk, I encountered a couple of mating peasants pheasants, though she was clearly not that enamoured of the idea. After just a few seconds, she literally ran out from underneath him and, after a few paces, took off and flew away over the nearest hedge. He was totally discombobulated, and rather unsure as to what to do. Embarrassed, he flew away over the wrong hedge.

Ms Pheasant may have found the coupling unpleasant, but she's lucky she's not a mallard. Whilst enjoying my coffee ritual this afternoon, I witnessed what can only be described as anatine rape. I was shocked out of my reverie by a shemozzle in the water not far from me, and looked up to see a male mallard on the back of an almost totally submerged female, holding her head down under the surface with his beak. This continued for what seemed like many seconds, after which he simply dismounted and swam away. She spent quite a while spitting out water and sorting out her ruffled feathers. I hope she has words with him. I was appalled.


From Google Photos today - "Rediscover this day April 19th 2014"


It's Stoke Bruerne again.


I remember it well. We were there for three days while Grace was taught the skills of painting traditional Roses and Castles by master painter Terence Edgar.



which resulted ultimately in Grace painting new roses and castles on Kantara after she was repainted.


Now that's a proper job!

*********

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!