Monday, March 16, 2020

List of jobs to do this time last week

List of jobs to do this time last week
Clean Bubble stove and adjust it so that it burns cleanly
Buy and run new cable for TV aerial
Spring-clean
Major food shopping (NOT panic-buying!)
Fit new catches on various cupboard doors
Replace old-and-getting-dangerous fan heater
Deep-clean well-deck
Get AJ Canopies to replace broken cratch cover fasteners
Publish my new book

List of jobs still to do
Spring-clean
Fit new catches on various cupboard doors
Deep-clean well-deck
Get AJ Canopies to replace broken cratch cover fasteners (I've emailed them, but had no reply)
Publish my new book (I've tried, but the Kindle Direct Publishing website is giving me grief. I'm awaiting help from their support team)

The thing is, when the weather's as bad as it's been recently, I don't really feel like doing that sort of thing. I'd far rather be reading and writing, listening to music, learning Italian, watching TED Talks, playing brain-games... So I've been very glad of the beautiful breaks in the weather to give me the oomph I need to get up and go!



The temperature in the saloon at the moment (16:30) is 25°C, and there has been no heating on for over five hours. We woke up to 8°!

As for my book, readers of this blog post are the first to hear about it. It's not about our boating experiences like my previous ones have been. This one's a novel, I loved writing it, and it's been given the thumbs up by beta-readers.



"They chose a narrowboat, and canal life changes things. It changes people, too. And dogs."

It'll be available alongside my other publications at the Kindle Store, hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!