Wednesday, August 12, 2020

A well-travelled blog, even in this heat!

Every now and then, I take a look at the statistics on where in the world this blog is being read. There's been an odd trend recently, and I'd love to know what explains it. For most of the life of the blog, the vast majority of readers were from the UK. Recently, however, British readership has slumped, and Italy and the US have overtaken big time. The table below shows page views for yesterday.


Odd, isn't it? Why are Italians so interested? And why am I losing readers from the UK? (Am I that boring?) Four readers in Cambodia? Two in The UAE?? And just who is that one lonely reader in Canada? Maybe some of you from outside of the UK could use the comments facility at the bottom, and introduce yourselves? Please? I'd love to hear from you.

I fixed the mushroom vent. That glue is truly amazing! And we've started on the chimney, too. It's not as difficult and scary as we'd imagined, of course. It's just slow because the sealant we're using in conjunction with glass-fibre rope takes hours to set fully. And of course, it's been VERY hot, which doesn't help with jobs. The maximum temperature in the cabin has been 32° Cwith all windows and doors open. But, of course, the skies are wonderful.










*******

5 comments:

  1. One of your U.S. readers here. This summer I've discovered Travels by Narrowboat and Cruising the Cut on Amazon Prime and have completely fallen in love with the canals of the UK. A few weeks ago I thought to myself...there must be some good blogs out there too, and I found my way here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for introducing yourself, Angie. It's good to have you along. My blog can't compete with the two vlogs you follow - very good choices - but I hope you'll continue to enjoy tales of our boaty lives. Maybe one day you'll be able to come over the the UK and get a first-hand experience. All the very best to you!

      Delete
    2. (Please excuse the shameless self-promotion but, since you're new to the blog, you may not know about my boaty e-books (readable on Kindles and all other devices) https://tinyurl.com/y3vwwse4)

      Delete
  2. Hello, I am from Australia. I love the UK and love to read about people's travels. especially on Narrowboats. We were in England in March but had to come home early because of COVID. We were supposed to have another 6 weeks. Hopefully we will get back there one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for introducing yourself. Welcome! I'm very sorry that your UK holiday was cut short so badly. I do hope you'll be able to get back one day. Perhaps you'll hire a narrowboat for a week or so. It's something to look forward to. Keep well, and keep hoping!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!