Saturday, April 25, 2020

Lockdown day 33 - Trivial pursuits

Have you noticed how the lock-down has made us more interested in the minutiae of life? It's certainly true of me, but then I think it may be a bit of a tendency with me anyway. So it's good to notice the rapid growth of these nasturtiums. What we don't see are the numerous seeds that haven't even started to sprout yet!


The rest of these photos sum up a large chunk of my day as I take my daily walk around the marina or sit at the end of the pontoon and read or listen to music. It's a happy day, but all that I do is relatively trivial; the several jobs we could be doing on the boat simply aren't attractive. Fortunately, they're not urgent either!



Thursday was not just St George's Day, Shakespeare's birthday and the date of his demise, but it was  also Dandelion Day. Only those of you who have ever had the pleasure to make their own country wines will know that this day is the day to pick the flowers with which to make dandelion wine. For those who didn't know, dandelion wine is superb.


(fivegallonideas.com)

I witnessed no ducky violence today. It was all very lucky-ducky, lovey-dovey. Now we wait for the ducklings.



I've mentioned music a lot over the past weeks, and I've been asked what music it is that I listen to so often and enjoy so much, so I've shared some of it HERE for the enjoyment (hopefully) of readers. Maybe you might make polite comments in the comments box at the bottom of the page!

To end the day, Grace's photo captures one of the most dramatic sunsets we've seen.



*******

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!