Saturday, April 11, 2020

Lockdown day 21 - Looking on the bright side...

I offer my deepest sympathy and sincere apologies again to those who have lost someone dear to them, have been ill themselves or been worse than inconvenienced by the current situation. I am shocked and distressed by the horror of it all, but I am very heartened to see just how much good is coming out of the pandemic, and I think it's good for us to look for the positives. It's certainly good for me.

With opera singers performing daily from their balconies, the thousands of people volunteering to help the NHS and numerous other services, the Thursday evening applause, HIGNFY and other TV shows managing to continue to entertain us despite each one of those taking part being in their homes, churches continuing with services across the web, numerous individuals donating huge sums of money to help hospitals, Holby City giving the NHS the ventilators from their set (they have real ones??), our Jess being part of  The Flying Squirrels' Open Mic at The Goat (St Albans) 2nd Thursday of every month  (Jess was just one of a full programme of musicians), and the countless other live musical offerings on the web,


and many, many other wonderful things happening around the globe, people's humanity and creativity and sense of fun are being gloriously displayed in all of their magnificence. (Apologies for the longest sentence I've ever written - and I've written a few!)

It's just a shame about the minority of people who are too damned stupid to obey the social distancing rules.

Here on the good ship boat Kantara, the weather is being very kind, and I'm getting a bit of a tan, and Grace and I are still getting on just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!