Thursday, April 23, 2020

A huge apology!

We've just recently had a chat with Phil and Jackie from NB Achernar, and Phil said he'd commented on one of my latest posts. I'd not seen the comment.

Back on Kantara I looked anxiously for settings in my Blogger account that might be causing comments not to be displayed. What I found, to my horror, were numerous comments awaiting moderation - and they dated back to 2016! The box was empty where my email address should have been and once was, hence I was not being notified when people commented.

I am mortified! My apologies go to you all, especially to Vallypee, who has been a frequent commenter over the years, always with something positive and encouraging to say. Thank you, Val.

I have no idea how this moderation setting got changed. It was dim of me not to realise that something like that might have happened. I just thought no-one wanted to communicate with me - even after I encouraged readers to comment just a few posts ago.
"I have no idea at all why this is,  but this is the first blog I've ever written (out of two!) that simply doesn't attract comments. Okay, fair enough, it's not obligatory to comment, any more than you have to like it. But, during this time of isolation and loneliness for many, I thought it might be good if folks used the comment facility to add your own... well, comments... relating to my various ramblings, to share your own experiences, your thoughts on what I or others have written. I'd be part of those conversations too, of course. Shall we give it a try?"
I've now tasked myself with reading them all, and replying where relevant. Normal service has been resumed, and future comments will now be received gratefully.

Sorry though, Phil. Yours really isn't there! 😕


2 comments:

  1. Ah, well I did wonder. i thought perhaps you preferred not to publish comments, which was fine with me, but I admit I assumed you’d seen them. I’ve always enjoyed your posts, so I’m very glad you’re blogging regularly again. All my very best to you and Grace! I hope your lovely book is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val, for your generous comments. This resurrection of previously unseen comments here coincides with my return to following other folk's blogs after a bit of a break so, likewise, I'm looking forward to catching up with RiverGirl again! Het allerbeste voor jullie allebei.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!