Sunday, April 26, 2020

Lockdown day 34 - A bit of a ramble

This post is rather more rambling that usual. Bare Bear with me. (I spelled it wrong first time. Clothes may remain on.)

During Saturday's coffee ritual - henceforth, Coffee Ritual - I was both enchanted and annoyed by the manifold fairies drifting like snow flakes over the marina pond, landing in my coffee, on my sunglasses and in my hair, and finally forming a scum on the water and getting stuck on the beaks of feeding ducks and swans. Of course, these fairies were the floating seeds of hundreds, thousands maybe, of  I know not what plant. Spiders were pretty fed up with them, too!

As I sat and mused on the fairies, the sky suddenly darkened considerably. Naturally, I looked up. I've worked out that there must have been roughly a square mile of sky visible to me from where I was sitting, and there were no clouds, except the one very small black one that slipped in front of the sun for a few moments, plunging us into a startling, relative darkness. What were the chances of that happening?

We've seen a number of good TV dramas over the past months, generally filling one or two hours each evening. New ones seem to be appearing at an increasing rate. There's The Trouble With Maggie Cole, Twin, Devs, Quiz, Our Girl, a replay of Outnumbered, Normal People (starting tonight), Belgravia (recording back at the house), The Nest, The Split, Last Tango in Halifax, Cold Feet. I think I'm getting a bit numbed by them, the result of which is that I can't remember how recently or otherwise they were showing.

Here's a quiz question for you. What is the link between THIS SONG FROM MY LIST (see yesterday's post) and a famous 1970s children's TV programme? Answers in the comments box, please. No prizes, just a bit of fun.

I was intrigued today to find that this blog of mine has a fairly regular single reader living in Peru! There are several others in an "Unknown Region". Odd.

Finally, two of Grace's photos post-sunset capturing a sliver of a crescent moon, and Venus, the evening star, both reflected in the water.



If you have any sky photos to match those, please email them to me at nbkantara@gmail.com, and I'll include them in future posts.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post, and yesterday's, Roger. We too are more focused on the small things and definitely more on the world immediately around us. I'm afraid the link to 'this song here' just takes me to a dropbox sign in page, so I can't make the connection, but I saw your list in yesterday's post. I can't say I recognise many of them, so still can't work out the puzzle. Lovely photos of your gorgeous skyscape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops. Thanks for telling me about the faulty link, Val. It's odd that you can see the whole collection, but that one is problematic on the next post. I'll investigate. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!