Friday, April 27, 2018

A lovely surprise!

There are a number of very talented artists on the UK waterways, painting, drawing, sketching scenes of the rivers and canals. Sadly, I'm not one of them, but one of them is a Facebook friend of mine, Lisa Greatrix. I got a message from her yesterday, attached to which was a photo of her latest painting. It's her interpretation of one of my many photos on this blog.


She displays her work on her website The Easel Life and on a Facebook page




As with many boating artists, not all of her paintings are of water scenes.




My problem with Lisa's work, as with several other artists I've seen, is that I have nowhere I can hang paintings on board Kantara!

I encourage you to go and see all of Lisa's pictures on the web, and, while you're there, visit a FB group she's created, called Narrowboats Canals Advice Chat and Sales, which might be of interested to a good number of my readers. Press the button there to join the group.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. How lovely! A talented artist indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Thankyou for your lovely write up xx Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!