Friday, August 04, 2017

Wow, this is different!

It's been quite a while since I last blogged, but we've not been idle. Putting housey matters to rest - or at least postponed them - we came back home to Kantara last Sunday.

We got the two pipes replaced in the engine, but I still have to dry the bilges completely. There's a few other small jobs I have to do down there, but the wind has stopped me. Seriously, I wouldn't dare lift the deck board at the moment. At the very least, it would result in bangs and scrapes to the paintwork. Yesterday must have broken the record as far as wind-speed in the marina is concerned. The waves on the pound were marine in size.

It was Grace's birthday yesterday, and we were going to go out for the day. We like the look of Burghley House in Peterborough. The forecast suggests today might be less inclement, so we'll venture out today.


When visited Claydon Manor a couple of weeks ago, photos inside the house were not allowed, so I put up NT photos in my last post. The weather outside wasn't keen on pics being taken, either, but I tried. These are all I got.






The weather hasn't really invited us out onto the cut yet, either. We've had it in mind for some time now that we'd combine a bit of cruising with a bit of boat painting, but... we'll see. Grace reminded me this morning that we still have to get the central heating pump replaced, and the system flushed, and we need to do it before we need the heating. That'll be next week then!

I've been particularly busy this past month or so completing my latest book, and it's now almost ready to be published.


I'm also working on an idea I've had for "Hints and tips for life with your feet under water". Since publishing that earlier this year, I've found new hints and tips I want to add to the book, so what I'm going to do is this...

I'll add them to the current edition, along with a link to a blog on which I'll post any future addenda. Readers of the book can then follow that link from time to time, and get the updates as they arise. I'll announce them on this blog, and on Twitter and Facebook. "Hints and tips" will be published as a new edition, and those who have already bought it will be notified by Kindle, and given the opportunity to update their copy simply, and at no cost.


I'm considering doing something along the same lines with my first book, too. More on that when I've decided. At the very least, I might give it a new cover!


More details of my books can be found on Amazon. Please have a look!

OK, so the weather forecast for Peterborough remains much better than yesterday, so we're off!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!