Friday, August 28, 2015

Android apps for canal users - Part 3

In part 1, I told you about the Canal Boat magazine app, which I don't use. But I have just installed another app by the same publisher. Canal Boat Cruise Guide.







Obviously, there are more detailed and comprehensive sources of this information, but I've found it gives enough for me to get a good idea of what a route, and the places en route, are like. Useful, I think.

Also by Archant comes The Canal Boat Buyer's Guide. Obviously, only of interest if you're buying a boat. Actually, possibly if you're selling, too!







And finally today, and again from Archant Maintaining Your Canal Boat. This one costs £2.99. The hard-copy version costs £6.95. The chapters are taken from past Canal Boat magazines, so subscribers to that may well have all of this publication lying around in some corner of the attic! I reckon £2.99's not a lot to pay for important instruction and advice like this.








More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!