Friday, July 31, 2015

Heaven

I see a turning wheel
On a dusty track,
Caught in the void and empty space
In between there and back,
And the paradise of going somewhere
That's still so far away.
Happy? Boy you bet I am,
Holding on to this smile for just as long as I can.

Heaven

It's all bright in front
And it's all dark behind,
Livin' for the now that's in between the bridges and the signs,
And getting there is still a long long way to go.
While the others dream and wish
This is everything I officially need to know.
Happy? Boy you bet I am,
Holding on to this smile for just as long as I can.

Heaven


(Chris Rea)


My song of the moment. I don't claim fully to understand the lyrics, but a lot of it just sounds so right for me. If I fully understood it, I might think otherwise! I'm singing it a lot. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!