The path winds around the garden, slate pieces of various sizes, and it's got into something of a mess over the years. They get broken and create a lot of dust which then washes down with the other soil and dirt which falls on them, creating a sludgy mess on top of the weed-resisting membrane we laid them on. So we bought eight bags of slate, dug up, sieved and washed much of the original, and relaid it mixed with the new. Tedious but effective. We fixed the water-feature, too. Accommodated the leak simply by making sure the water leaked into the reservoir below.
What with Naomi's not inconsequential work on it, the garden's looking good. We're all looking forward now to the growth of Naomi's wild-flower lawn.
Kantara had too many vents into her engine space, and these were causing several different problems. So we got Andy from Andicrafts at Debdale to close off three of them, and to replace the screw-on easy-fall-off grille over the remaining one with welded louvres. That's now done. We'll be calling in to see Kantara on our way back from Yorkshire on Tuesday, and we'll collect from John the wooden panels he's removed from the rear external doors and the side hatch doors, to bring back here to clean and restore. It'll be interesting to see how far the paint job has progressed.