Thursday, September 25, 2014

We're off to Stratford

Tuesday morning was beautiful, just as Monday had been. And it was my 63rd birthday, to boot. So what better day to set off toward Stratford-upon-Avon? It starts, of course, with the now very familiar trip through Crick and the tunnel, Watford Locks, and Norton Junction, which is where we spent the night, opposite the rusty BW butty.





When I woke at around 7:00 the next morning, it was pouring with rain. It had been raining during the night, too. I turned over in bed, and said to Grace, "Rain before 7, fine before 11", one of those sayings of my mum which I don't often use. It was fine before 8 as it happened, and we set out again under a blue, sunny sky.

Approaching Norton Junction

After a very busy Braunston Tunnel - the busiest and most hazardous we'd ever seen it! - we paired up with NB Lady Esther down the locks. The canal was busy today. 




We moored immediately before the junction at Braunston for a leisurely lunch, after which we turned left under the bridge and moved a couple of miles up to bridge 100, where we stopped for the night.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!