In the light of that, we're setting out tomorrow for our first real cruise - around the Leicester Ring, clockwise.
- We'll head off south down the Leicester Arm of the Grand Union Canal to Norton Junction, west along to Braunston Turn, and off towards Napton Junction. Somewhere around there we'll have to about-turn to get back to Braunston for next Thursday, where we'll be stopping off for a day for Roy to fit new bow deck seating/locker covers, and Colin to fit a new battery charger, and repair a stern deck hatch cover.
- On the Friday, we'll turn north up the Oxford Canal, through Rugby
- turning north at the junction with the Coventry Canal, and on through Nuneaton, Atherstone and Tamworth
- joining the Birmingham and Fazely Canal and continuing north
- to rejoin the Coventry Canal to Fradley Junction.
- Here, we go east onto the Trent and Mersey Canal, bearing north and on through Burton Upon Trent.
- After a short trip along the River Trent, we head south on the River Soar
- rejoining the Grand Union through Loughborough and Leicester, and beyond.
- Days later at Foxton Locks, we turn right and head back to the marina.
We have no idea how long this will take us - that's part of the fun!