Sunday, October 02, 2011

Yelvertoft Marina Barbecue

Yesterday evening, Jenny and Bob, manager of the marina and her husband, organised their second annual barbecue.  And what an event that was!  Over one hundred moorers, baked potatoes galore, barbecue for DIY cooking, barrels of real ale, wine, competitions, and a great atmosphere.  It was a good time to meet new people, and our circle of friends expanded as we sat and chatted with folk we'd only said hello to before.


Oh, and I sang.  Strummed my guitar and sang some folksy songs with rousing, singalong choruses which went down well, I am relieved to say.  It was not easy.  I was supposed to be supported by Nick on bass guitar, but, because of various shortcomings of the PA system, I had to stand at my table inside a marquee, with my lyrics on papers illuminated only by candle, while Grace held my microphone to my mouth and Nick played along from outside of the tent!  I could neither see nor hear him, and he may well have given up, for we had not rehearsed together, and I couldn't even let him know what key I was playing in!  Still, a good time was had by all, and I got two free pints of ale out of it.

At the end of the month, there will be a Hallowe'en party.  We're looking forward to it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!