Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Things to do - always things to do!

We've at last settled to the idea that this period before we overwinter at home is the time for preparing for proper cruising next year.  Unrealistically, I at least had expected to be able to cruising for longish periods this month and probably October, too, but that is clearly not to be.  At the moment, there are always things to do.  We installed new 240v lights inside the boat yesterday, collected from home over the weekend, only to realise we had no light-bulbs for them.  Returning from a shopping trip for those, we started to vacuum clean, and the vac died noisily, so we have to go shopping again today.

One major problem at present is the inadequacy of our Internet connection.  The installation of the new router and antenna we bought has been hindered by the loss of a very short but all-important cable, and our inability to decide where best to fix the antenna mast - and to find the right mast for the job.  We hope to get that sorted today, and then we won't have to rely on the marina wi-fi, which is good at times, but very unreliable.

So, we do... things! Patiently!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see things are going well, the most look stunning. Let me know when your up in Leighton buzzard, and we'll hook up for a beer.
    Chris doody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris, I'll do that! I hope all is going well for you at FCS. I'll not say I'm missing it very much myself, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all go at the mighty combe. Jealous of your lifestyle at the moment! Where abouts are you located at the moment?
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are currently in Yelvertoft Marina in Northamptonshire... read the blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah....I've now read it. With the speed those boats go I'll see you about 9am February
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!